Riudabella was a place inhabited since the Neolithic. The construction begins with a defense tower of an Iberian town. In Roman times an annex is added and it becomes a Roman villa.
In the fifteenth century, one of the great builders of the Monastery of Poblet, the Abbot Delgado, finished building on the Roman villa a fortified farm for the rest of the monks and that was also used for agricultural functions such as the storage of wine. grain and saffron.
In the year 1841, Riudabella was acquired by the current owner family, which restored its appearance as a fortified area.
At present, it continues to exercise agricultural functions such as the cultivation of the vineyard, olive tree.